one word...... YUMMMMM! ;) This is a great recipe I got from Missmake.com...
Homemade Granola Bars
2 cups old fashioned rolled oats
1.5 c mixture of raw walnuts & almonds (or a combo of your favorite nuts)
1 cup unsweetened coconut (I omitted)
1/2 c dried cranberries or other dried fruit (I used my own dehydrated bananas)
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 c honey
1/4 c brown sugar
3 T butter
2 tsp vanilla
1/4 tsp salt
1. Spread the oats on a cookie sheet and toast in the oven for about 10 minutes at 300 degrees, stirring often.
2. Repeat with the nuts and coconut, being careful that they don't burn.
3. In a food processor, give the nuts and coconut a few pulses to break them up into smaller pieces. Then pulse 1/2 c of the oats until they are finely ground.
4. Mix both oats, the nuts, cranberries and cinnamon in a large bowl.
5. In a small saucepan, cook the honey, butter, brown sugar and salt over medium heat until it bubbles. Let it bubble for about a minute and remove from heat. Add vanilla and stir well.
6. Spray an 8"x8" baking pan with cooking spray and line it with parchment paper.
7. Pour the honey mixture over dry mixture in bowl. Toss well until everything's coated.
8. Turn the mixture out into the pan. Put a plastic baggy over your hand and push the granola down into the pan until it's well packed.
9. Bake at 300 degrees for 25-30 minutes until golden brown. Let cool for a few hours then slice into bars. Wrap in wax paper or store in an airtight container.
*There are so many options on what to put into your bars - go ahead and experiment!!