Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Whoopie Pies!

Ok so I know this is a bit late - BUT these are extremely YUMMY! I had some super lovely photos and when I went to download them my camera ate them! NOOOOOOO! But, I still have the wonderful recipe to share! I will make these again after the holidays - so there will be a photo! :)

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies

1/2 cup margarin
1 1/2 cup sugar
1 egg
1 cup pumpkin (I used my homemade pumpkin!)
1 tsp. vanilla
2 1/2 cup flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. nutmeg
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 cup Choc. Chips

Cream margarin & sugar until light & fluffy, beat in egg, pumpkin & vanilla. Then add flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, nutmeg & cinnamon - mix well. Add chips, stir and drop by tsp. on well greased cookie sheet. Bake at 350° for 15 mins

While the cookies are baking and cooling.... make your frosting!

Whoopie Pie Frosting (Cafe de la Place recipe)

1 cup shortening
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
2 cups marshmallow fluff
1 1/2 tsp vanilla

In a mixing bowl add shortening, powdered sugar, marshmallow and vanilla. Beat until fluffy. If frosting is too thick you can add milk to thin it out.

After cookies are cooled - take one cookie and spread with a good amount of frosting and place another cookie on top and VOILA you have a Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Whoopie Pie! How's that for homemade! YUMMMM!

ENJOY!  :)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails